The fight is not new, and we are not new to the fight.

News & Media

Keep up with the latest news, legislation, press releases, and stories related to the fight for health equity at American Cancer Society and elsewhere. 


Medical care and genetics drive 20% of a person’s health. The other 80% is related to a person’s health-related behaviors, socioeconomic factors and environmental factors.


2X Likely

Hispanic individuals diagnosed with liver cancer are twice as likely to die as a result of the disease than non-Hispanic whites.

News Coverage

For women in the U.S., breast cancer is devastatingly common — one in eight women can expect to develop breast cancer over the course of their lifetimes. And for Black women in the U.S., what comes after the diagnosis is especially worrying.

Watch Now

Facts & Figures 2021 Reports Another Record-Breaking 1-Year Drop in Cancer Deaths.

Read More

Report: Social Determinants Must Be Addressed to Advance Health Equity

Read More

Study: Lack of Education About Melanoma May Contribute to Black-White Survival Disparities

Read More

Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Cancer Survivors Face Challenges

Read More

American Cancer Society Sets Goal to Reduce US Cancer Death Rates 40% by 2035

Read More

Gov. Pritzker Signs Community-Driven, Equity-Focused Healthcare and Hospital Transformation Bill.

Read More

Press Releases

Senate Passes Bill to Honor Henrietta Lacks’ Legacy by Increasing Access to Clinical Trials and Reducing Health Disparities.

Read More

New Legislation Aims to Decrease Disparities in Access to Cancer Clinical Trials.

Read More

How To Get Involved

The bottom line is that with your partnership, the American Cancer Society can save even more lives every day. There are an infinite number of ways to get involved and advance equity in cancer, including:

Join the League of Heroes

We are calling on a League of Heroes to join us in this fight for health equity.


Become a Corporate Partner

We welcome courageous companies to help us battle health injustices.


Become an Impact Maker

Our most dedicated C-suite and executive leaders can use their influence to help solve health inequities.


Attend an Event

Partnership events will help the American Cancer Society shine a light on cancer disparities.



Every Hero has an origin story. What’s yours?



Skip to content